DTG web site home page
Leading the evolution of television
The DTG is the centre for collaboration at the heart of the digital TV industry. More than 125 companies are members of the DTG, and collectively we drive innovation and growth in the television and technology sectors.
We're the only impartial space of its kind in the UK, and the joint expertise from DTG Members continues to define the technologies that make the UK a world-leading TV industry and ensure market interoperability.
DTG News Roundup
Deutsche TV-Platform & DTG Ultra HD Plugfest
08 November 2016
The DTG and DTVP are joining forces for the third time with the next Plugfest, which will have a continued focus on HDR, with the addition of HDMI 2.0a/HDCP 2.2 interoperability of UHD devices (iDTV, STBs, AVRs).
The aim of this fifth UHD Plugfest is to provide the platform to manufacturers to test their upcoming/existing model range with latest UHD materials/test equipment and understand the issues, if any, in advance. For content providers it is the best forum to test their contents with different types of UHD implementations. The Plugfest also provides a good platform for networking (Platform owners, Broadcasters and CE & test equipment Manufacturers).
In this Plugfest we are hoping to have:
- HDMI/HDCP interoperability testing for UHD STBs and iDTVs.
- HDMI/HDCP tests by test equipment providers
- HDR HLG & PQ test content
- UHD Blu-ray players / HDR convertors
- Local Playouts with UHD content
Those who wish to participate with their UHD receivers (TVs, STBs or AVRs), content and test equipment, please complete the Registration Form by 18th November and Participation Agreement (Word documents) by 25th November 2016.
The test plan and full schedule will be circulated following this date. For any further queries or information on the Plugfest, please get in touch with Stephan Heimbecher Stephan.Heimbecher@sky.de or David Daniels firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date: 6th, 7th and 8th December 2016
Venue: 3IT, c/o Carina Schoo, Salzufer 6, 10587 Berlin, Germany
Who: Free for all DTG and DTVP Members. Non-Members can participate or attend by paying nominal fee, please email Stephan.Heimbecher@sky.de
A decade ago: Sky unveils broadband alliance with Google
BSkyB has announced a ground-breaking alliance with Google to offer Sky's broadband customers a suite of new search, communications and video services. Under a series of multi-year agreements—financial terms were not disclosed—Sky will be Google's first partner for the new services, which will be tailored and branded for Sky's broadband platform.
07 December 2006
The DTG's D-Book 9 defines latest UK TV industry requirements
- Hybrid broadcast broadband TV (HbbTV) references for the UK Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT)
- Improved picture quality with High Dynamic Range (HDR) – including the two key technologies Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) & Perceptual Quantizer (PQ10)
- More efficient encoding (HEVC) introduced to products to help pave the way for future UHD (Ultra High Definition) services
The DTG’s D-Book 9 is the industry determined, next generation, universally deployed specification which supports future interactive services and enables the transition towards HbbTV. Open, democratic and supportive of public policy, the D-Book is continually updated and peer-reviewed by industry experts, to help drive the UK TV market towards innovation and delivering real economic value in this vital industry.
Will the Sony PlayStation VR be on your Christmas wishlist this year?
Although versions of this tech have been on the market for more than two-years, it appears that the engineers at Sony have hit their stride with the new edition of their VR.
Like the Google Daydream, Sony has invested in a simple, cordless set-up where the user only needs to plug in an external processor unit into a PS4 and switch on the headset for activation.
14 Dec 2016
DTG Technical Oversight Group
14 Dec 2016
DTG Board Meeting
17 Jan 2017
DTG UK UHD Forum
17 Jan 2017
Joint DTG Displays Group & DTG Production Systems Group
Most read DTG stories
- DTG Response to BBC Statement on MHEG
- Be compliant with the new Radio Equipment Directive
- Debate PMSE with the DTG
- DTG Testing World First with new Euro-ready Digital Tick
- DTG HOSTS PMSE DEBATE
- Proms Experiment with Binaural
DTG in the news
- BBC White Paper Industry Reaction
Advanced Television :: 13 May 2016
- Deutsche TV-Plattform: Plugfest soll UHD etablieren
Digital Fernsehen :: 06 April 2016
- Deutsche TV-Plattform und britische DTG setzen ihre Kooperation bei Ultra HD fort
Das IT Business Portal :: 06 April 2016
- DTG releases D-Book number 9
Broadband TV News :: 03 November 2016
- DTG’s D-Book 9 paves the way for UHD
Advanced Television :: 03 November 2016