DTG web site home page
Leading the evolution of television
The DTG is the centre for collaboration at the heart of the digital TV industry. More than 125 companies are members of the DTG, and collectively we drive innovation and growth in the television and technology sectors.
We're the only impartial space of its kind in the UK, and the joint expertise from DTG Members continues to define the technologies that make the UK a world-leading TV industry and ensure market interoperability.
DTG News Roundup
Virtual Reality Industry Forum Founded
05 January 2017
After two years of work and co-ordination by the DTG, the Virtual Reality Industry Forum (VRIF) has now been officially formed as a not-for-profit company with the aim “to further the widespread availability of high quality audiovisual VR experiences, for the benefit of consumers.”
David Daniels, Project Director for Advanced AV at the DTG said: "Over two years ago we gathered together senior stakeholders and led industry discussions by calling for a VR Forum. As a result of our initiative the DTG is delighted to be a Charter Member of the VR Industry Forum. We will continue to drive collaboration and debate to ensure the VR Industry Forum delivers first class VR entertainment experiences both in the UK and around the globe.”
Chris Johns, Chief Engineer, Broadcast Strategy at Sky and the DTG's CEO Richard Lindsay-Davies were elected to co-chair the VR Forum's Production Working Group at the Group's inaugural meeting which took place at CES 2017.
A decade ago: BBC Trust seeks assurance over switchover
The BBC Trust is to seek an assurance from the Government that the corporation's funding of a scheme helping the elderly and disabled make the switch to digital TV will not put programmes and services at risk.
In a statement describing the settlement as "challenging", the BBC Trust said while the BBC had indicated it was "prepared in principle to help establish and fund the scheme", details of that involvement had not been agreed with the BBC Trust.
19 January 2007
Focus on Ultra HD and HDR: German TV-Platform and the DTG operate largest Plugfest to date
• 3-day event at Fraunhofer Heinrich-Hertz-Institut in Berlin from 6—8 December 2016
• 60+ participants from 29 companies, 22 UHD devices tested: Displays, Receivers, AV Receivers, UHD Blu-ray Players
• Focus on interoperability (HDMI/HDCP) and HDR: PQ, Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG)
DTG TESTING OFFERS FREEVIEW PLAY CONFORMANCE TESTING
DTG Testing, the industry’s not-for-profit test centre, is now a one-stop-shop for Freeview Play Conformance. Any combination of the following elements is now available:
• Freeview HD/D-Book 9 Compliance Testing
• Metadata Delivery & Presentation Testing
25 Jan 2017
DTG Accessibility Group
27 Jan 2017
DTG MHEG Spec Group
1 Feb 2017
DTG Board Meeting
1 Feb 2017
Most read DTG stories
- DTG Testing World First with new Euro-ready Digital Tick
- Ofcom is looking to Android users to improve mobile phone services.
- DTG HOSTS PMSE DEBATE
- Multiscreen Index reports worldwide increase in television subscriptions
- Daydreaming with Google
- Proms Experiment with Binaural
DTG in the news
- BBC White Paper Industry Reaction
Advanced Television :: 13 May 2016
- Deutsche TV-Plattform: Plugfest soll UHD etablieren
Digital Fernsehen :: 06 April 2016
- Deutsche TV-Plattform und britische DTG setzen ihre Kooperation bei Ultra HD fort
Das IT Business Portal :: 06 April 2016
- LTE-Broadcast Alliance to host forum at MWC as it seeks greater industry collaboration
Telecom TV :: 13 January 2017
- Broadcasters and tech firms unite for common VR standards
Broadcast Tech :: 09 January 2017