Comux UK has announced details of its technical infrastructure and the companies selected as infrastructure partners and suppliers.
The infrastructure includes;
- Arqiva – Transmission services
- IBC (Innovation Birmingham Campus) – Buildings and facilities
- Phoenix7—licensee Channel Management Software (CMS) for scheduling
- Techex—Lead technical architect for the broadcast layer, (compression and multiplexing, contribution, broadcast IP network, IP/ASI transport and transmitter monitoring)
- TSL—Lead System Integrator, using the Evertz Mediator system for storage and playout
- WarwickNet – Network
Ed Hall, Chief Executive at Comux, said: “We are delighted to announce that we have now agreed contracts with all of our key infrastructure partners and suppliers. This means we can now offer the complete technical framework we promised to Ofcom, and the 19 local licensees, due to start broadcasting in the coming months.”
With the technical infrastructure in place, the first 19 licensees can focus on getting ready to start broadcasting. D UK has allocated prominent channel numbers for local TV; position 8 on the Freeview TV guide in England and Northern Ireland, and nominally position 34 in Wales and Scotland. Alongside broadcasting on digital terrestrial TV, some of the local channels are planning carriage on satellite and cable TV, and online.
DTG Staff | 20.08.2013