Table: Top 10 services in the Multiscreen Index in North, Central and South America
Informitv's October issue of the Multiscreen Index has reported a worldwide increase in television subscription during the second quarter of this year. Of the 100 leading pay television providers, there has been a 0.95% increase overall which equates to nearly four million new users. Other findings included:
- 25 of the 100 services in the Multiscreen Index reported net television subscriber losses in the second quarter, while 66 reported year on year gains.
- The top 10 services in the United States collectively lost 663,000 television subscribers in the quarter and were down by 437,100 year on year.
- Across the Americas there was a net decline of 0.29 million subscribers, which is the first regional loss in the Multiscreen Index.
- Services in the Europe, Middle East and Africa region gained 0.83 million subscribers, with the top 10 gaining just 125,000 between them.
- The Asia Pacific region gained 3.46 million subscribers, with the top 10 services adding 2.76 million, led by six operators in India claiming collective gains of over two million.
DTG Staff | 07.10.2016