Become a Member
News

Isle of Man prepares for digital

With just one month remaining until the Isle of Man switches to digital TV, viewers are ready to have their analogue signal permanently switched off, according to Digital UK.

Four out of five Manx households (82%) have now got digital television. Many of the remaining 18% are likely to be waiting for Freeview to become available from the Island’s ten transmitters when the digital switchover takes place said Digital UK.

Digital UK is now starting its final wave of communications to make sure viewers know how to prepare for the switchover. These include on-screen captions to remind analogue viewers they must convert, local advertising to explain the process throughout the switchover period, and a roadshow to provide face-to-face advice.

Sarah-Jane Gray, Digital UK’s community liaison for the Isle of Man, said: “With only a month to go until switchover, it’s important that everyone now gets the equipment they need to be ready for 18 June.

“Many will be waiting for the Freeview signal to become available. We’d encourage those people to get a box now so they can enjoy extra channels as soon as switchover begins. Digital UK will provide advice and support throughout switchover for those who need it.”

Written by DTG Team

DTG Resources

The DTG has a wealth of resources available to its Members which includes reports, papers, infographics and presentations. We also have an extensive DTG Archive which covers broadcast industry developments over almost a quarter of a century. However some DTG publications are available by email on a complimentary basis.

Find Out More

The DTG Bulletin

The DTG Bulletin is a weekly curation of industry news and events with informed comment from DTG industry experts and Members. It also includes details of Member Offers which entitle DTG Members to discounts. To register your interest in receiving the DTG Bulletin please click the button below.

Sign up Today
Contact us