We are dedicated to transforming TV through innovation. The Digital TV Group (DTG) is the industry association for digital television in the UK. For more than 25 years the DTG has been central to driving digital TV innovation in the UK. From driving the digital TV switchover to making interactive TV happen, rolling out on-demand TV, and introducing HDTV and UHD TV.
We work with the best of industry on the future of television – embracing the convergence of content and networks to efficiently deliver video to all screens, across all devices, in all formats.
Working in a small, friendly team with a collaborative and forward-thinking culture, the holder of this full-time position will be employed by the DTG at its offices in Central London which have views over the River Thames and are just 3 minutes’ walk from Vauxhall tube and rail stations.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing and Communications, this exciting opportunity will see the successful candidate directly involved in all elements of the DTG’s marketing and communications strategy and implementation. The role encompasses public relations, content creation, updating and monitoring the Group’s websites and social media profiles, and providing support with event organisation and member engagement activities.
- Creating content for and maintaining the DTG’s website and social media profiles
- Copywriting – press releases/articles/blogs
- Creating and managing the weekly email news bulletin
- Developing and maintaining contacts with trade and national press organisations
- Monitoring the industry press, flagging important news, collating coverage of the DTG and its members
- Assisting the Head of Marketing and Communication in the organisation and production of industry events both virtually and in-person
- Database management and analytics reporting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Digital marketing experience in a significant commercial or not-for-profit operation
- First-class written and spoken English capabilities
- A nose for the right story and an awareness of angle/relevance for a defined sector
- Experience of drafting press releases and creating compelling website content
- Demonstrable research and proof-reading skills
- Familiarity with e-marketing software and best practices
- Experience in social media marketing techniques and developing social media strategies
- Ability to work accurately and reliably under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to build effective relationships rapidly and comfortable engaging with both internal and external contacts
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience as working as part of a team
- Organised, with strong time and project management
- Highly literate in MS Office Suite
- Ability to work independently and take initiative while knowing when referral is necessary.
- A high degree of curiosity and readiness and ability to learn fast
- A ‘can do’ attitude with infectious drive and energy
- Experience of using Adobe Creative Suite including Illustrator and InDesign
- Experience of event organisation
- Knowledge/ experience of content management systems
- An interest in the digital television industry in the UK
- Proven experience in SEO, Google Analytics and Analytical Tools
To apply please complete the short form below, attaching your CV and a cover letter outlining why you are interested in the role and how you think you are a fit.